Priorities: What brings you happiness???
What brings you happiness? A new house, the new diamond ring, a Rolex watch, the new Mercedes Benz AMG G63 in the driveway?
When we cannot find a profound sense of significance in our lives, we amuse ourselves with some form of pleasure. Fame, fortune, and the wrong influence can turn believers away from the Lord. These are constant sources of temptation. Happiness does not come with having things, fame, wealth, learning, or power. Happiness comes from right relationship with God.
Solomon was the richest man in the world. He was blessed with wisdom and all the earthly things that we can imagine. Yet he was still searching for happiness. He determined that “all was vanity grasping for the wind.”
When planning for this New Year remember that all you have is through God. Spend more time with your loved ones. Spend time in God’s word. Bless those less fortunate than you.
- So I became great and excelled more than all who were before me in Jerusalem. Also my wisdom remained with me.
- Whatever my eyes desired I did not keep from them.
- I did not withhold my heart from any pleasure,
- For my heart rejoiced in all my labor;
- And this was my reward from all my labor.
- Then I looked on all the works that my hands had done
- And on the labor in which I had toiled;
- And indeed all was vanity and grasping for the wind.
- There was no profit under the sun.